20 June 2009

Innovation & Inspiration


If I sit there, and wait, and think, then ideas come, from where I do not know, but they come, proberly from past experiences, events, or even a book I have read, it might have been yesterday, it might have been months or even years ago, and one thought leads to another, a cascade of ideas and concepts begins to flow, but without the past, without my experiences of life, my thoughts would be empty.

I read, travel and open my eyes to all things, nothing escapes my attention, some things just bore the hell out of me and I suppose they are in the further reaches of my ming, soap operas are proberly there, but every now and then I catch up, with them. Travel allows me to see alternatives, experience things that in the UK I might not get to see or here, sounds that are unthinkable to a brit.

But the point is I feed my imagination, I have experiences that I can dwel on, things that will enable me to clarify, expand and innovate upon.

Why should I not read Swallows and Amazons, its full of interest, and thought, Dickens was a master of thought, watching and writing, for ever improving, I have just read, Sketches by Boz - Hard Times, its a view of life as he saw it. Its another experience I can store into my mind, a vegetable will quickly rot, if not looked after, the mind is not so dissimilar, feed it, nurture it and it will last. but more it will begin to work harder the more you feed it and you might be surprised at what it will yealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment